A2 part 3 - 10 February 2020 until 16 March 2020 - Monday en Thursday 20.00-21.30 (no class 24 February)SKU: 2020-14 SK
A2 part 3 - 10 February 2020 until 16 March 2020 Monday en Thursday 20.00-21.30 (no class 24 February)
- 10 sessions of 1,5 hours each, including course materials.
- Teacher: Swantje
WE ARE MOVING!
All lessons before February 22nd take place in Roooms, Boschstraat 21.
All lessons after February 22nd take place at BrightSpace, Statensingel 2.
What is expected of you at the start: You are able to have small, basic conversations in Dutch and you know how to use present perfect (‘Ik heb gewerkt’ / ‘Ik heb gelopen’) and simple past (‘ik werkte’ / ‘ik liep’) – Mistakes are fine, we’ll practice it more. You’ve had about 48 hours of class, or more, or did an equivalent of self-study (please ask for a free intake if you’re not sure!)
What do I need to know to join?
In order to join the A2 part 3 Dutch course, you have to be able to have small discussions, provided the other person speaks slowly and clearly, and is prepared to help out. You can make phone calls, enquire about and give information, give advice, ask for directions, tell an uncomplicated story, talk about your past and future, and write a simple e-mail and/or letter. Grammatical proficiency: you are comfortable using the present tense, present perfect and simple past.
What is my level after completing A2 part 3?
After completing Dutch A2 part 3 you are able to …
• talk into detail about your work and education
• give instructions and give advice
• apply for jobs
• talk about the office
• file a police report
• talk about public transportation
• talk about past and future
• make a phone call
• give your opinion
After completing A2 part 3 you know…
• how to use more complicated sentences in Dutch (subordinate phrases, using words like omdat, als, ik denk dat, hoewel, terwijl, ik vraag me af of… etc.)
• how to use simple past tense (imperfectum).
• how to use verbs with fixed prepositions (kijken naar, vragen aan)
• how to use reflexive verbs (zich wassen, zich vergissen) and separable verbs
• how to use ‘er’ for place and for indirect subject (er loopt een kat in de tuin)
• the main modal particles: eens, even, maar, etc.
• zitten/liggen/staan/ hangen te
• basic vocabulary regarding the following themes: education, work, transportation, household chores, the body.
After completing A2 part 3 your level of Dutch is A2+ according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
All classes 10 students max!